Sunday, September 8, 2013

Meet Lisa: Our Tech & Finance Coordinator

Lisa is mama to Rebekah, 5, and Rachel, 3.
  
Welcome to our Bridge MOPS blog. Over the next several weeks, we would like to introduce all of you to some of the moms in our group. Today we caught up with Lisa Schmdit. Lisa has served on the Steering Team for the last few years. She is using her administrative gifts to bless our group this year. She is also a photographer and certified Lactation Educator.

1. Where were you born? Torrance, CA (Southern California)
 
2. How long have you lived in the Valley? 20 years
 

3. How did you first hear about MOPS? I heard about MOPS from other moms at church and decided to try it out.
 

4. Why were you interested in being a part of our Leadership Team?
I found the transition into motherhood to be very difficult, especially as a brand new mother leaving a full time job and staying at home full time without a community of other moms to share my trials with. I compare this transition into motherhood similar to the transition when moving to a new town where one has to establish a new community of friends, but as a mom, ones who are at home during the day and understand that I won't be available to get together for dinner easily or often. I did eventually find a group of moms who I consider to be my primary community of friends. I believe that there are many moms out there doing motherhood alone, and I have met some of these moms who seem to be desperately seeking friendship with another mom. A motto of MOPS International is "no mom alone." I wanted to be a part of the MOPS Leadership team because I support this motto, and I believe that MOPS can be a great place for moms to find community with other moms.
 

5. What's something yummy you would like to see at the potluck table this year? More healthy food options and Dorina's lady finger, Joes O's, trifle dessert.
 

6. Fave grocery store? Easy, Trader Joes! I called to make sure there was one in town before moving here, and it turns out that's when they were preparing to open their first store in Fresno.
 

7. What restores your soul as a mama? Pursuing creative outlets, spending time with other mom friends (without kids) and finding time to be alone, particularly when at the gym praying and meditating while sweating in the sauna.

8. What would your kids say is their favorite thing about you as a mommy? Probably their favorite thing is that I take them fun places often.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment