Spring is quickly approaching (or on the right day, it's already here!), which means summer is quickly approaching. For those of you who follow the streams of Pinterest or preschool mamma blogs, there has been a trend of creating TOT packs to have on hand for your preschooler, when needed. These activities are awesome because they are small (they fit in a ziplock bag) and they are most often made of things you have lying around the house. The best way to accumulate these bags is to have a tot pack swap.
1. You MUST sign up with Jolie to be able to particiapte.
2. Open to Bridge MOPS members only, The limit right now is 15, but if 20 are interested we will form two groups of 10.
3. Each member must submit their busy pack theme by March 15th.
4. You will make one pack 15 times. So at the end you will have 15 different busy packs.
5. All packs will be due and distributed among SWAP members at the April 26th MOPS meeting.
|from 1plus1plus1equals1.com via Pinterest|
- Self-contained. This way, you can just grab a bag and GO! (without having to add a number of supplies to the bag in order to make it useful.)
- Transportable. Yes, they will definitely be used at home, but I want to be able to grab a few bags to take to a restaurant, a waiting room, plane trips, car rides, etc.
- Convenient. None of the bags will have supplies that require major set-up or clean-up: (no paint, watercolors, liquids, sand, dirt, etc.)
- Inexpensive. I didn’t want anyone spending too much money on this project!
- Easy to Make: I didn’t want anyone spending hours and hours and hours making their activity.
- Re-usable. I want these activities to last a while so that our other children can use them in the future. Therefore, I avoided activities where you would have to buy new supplies to re-stock the bag. This is why lamination is important for some of the activities.
There are a ton of ideas on Pinterest. Search for Tot Busy Bags and a ton of ideas will pop up. If you are not on Pinterest and would like to, let me know and I will send you a invite. You can also google it too. . . i am sure you will get lots of ideas.
This is going to be a lot of fun! I promise!
~ Signing out,
jolie, MOPS coordinator