Monday, April 11, 2011

Mommy Spotlight: Carrie Minturn

This week, we meet Carrie. I have had so much fun getting to know Carrie and her wonderful servants heart as she has served wholeheartedly as one of our table leaders.



Name:
Carrie Minturn


Husband: Todd

Kid(s)/Ages: Bryce (4), Cody (21 months)

How long have you been coming to MOPS ? 1 year

Favorite thing about being a mommy: How to choose??? Motherhood has been maybe the most transformative experience in my life next to becoming a Jesus follower! I love that my kids draw me into the moment that actually is and away from all the other things I can get wrapped up in. Their honest wonder-filled perspective on life is good for my soul.

Who is your real life hero? My hubby…not in the “ride in on a horse and rescue me” sort of way, but more in the I love who he is and can’t believe I get to be married to him. Todd is gentle and strong, wise and loving. We didn’t’ meet until we were in our thirties, and I’d given up on believing that there could be someone like him out there for me! He loves me and our kids in deep and sacrificial ways. He’s also a powerful advocate for ethnic minority staff in our movement (we both work with InterVarsity’s FIFUL), and for the poor in our city. I thank God for him daily.

What makes you most relaxed? A coffee shop with my journal and nowhere to go (when does that happen?) Conversations with good friends. Bubble baths (if only our house had a bathtub…). Pedicures. Time in my prayer corner…candles, afghan on my lap, Bible and journal. Grocery shopping alone.
J

What makes you most stressed? Piles around my house and no time to do anything about them!

Favorite thing about being a mom? I think I answered this one?
J If I get a second answer, I’ll add that I love seeing my kiddos be who they are. I love seeing their personalities emerge. My kiddos make me laugh every day.

Hardest thing about being a mom? Having to explain the realities of pain and evil and knowing that I need to allow my kids to experience pain and suffering as part of their own life with God.

If you were a crayon, what color would you be? PURPLE! To know me is to know I love this color!

Favorite coffee beverage: Non-fat, half-caf, 2 pump vanilla latte

Favorite candy: Dove dark chocolate…or any kind of dark chocolate…or really any kind of (good!) chocolate…

Favorite food? Mediterranean

Favorite movie? Chocolate – such a profound picture of the contrast between grace and legalism

Favorite hobby: scrapbooking, card making

Favorite recipe: I have an AMAZING scone recipe from a coffee shop I used to frequent when I lived in Wisconsin….

No comments:

Post a Comment